Rose parfait (ice cream)
Ingredients for 8-9 people
- 250 grams of sugar syrup (see recipe below Sugar syrup *)
- 1 tablespoon Van Wees Rose Without Thorns Esprit (or 4 tablespoons Van Wees Rose Without Thorns liqueur)
- 3 dl. whipped cream
- 9 egg yolks (total approx. 180 grams)
- 9 marzipan florets
- Rose Without Thorns esprit spray
- whipped cream.
Separate the yolks from the egg whites and heat them with the cold sugar syrup, stirring gently in a double boiler until they bind. Then beat the mass with a hand blender until frothy (temperature should remain below 65C). Then cool the mixture in a cold water bath and keep beating. Add the Rose Without Thorns esprit and then the whipped cream. Pour into molds and freeze.
* For 1 kilo of sugar syrup of approximately 26 degrees Beaumé: boil 470 grams of sugar, 530 ml. water and a few drops of lemon juice to syrup.
Garnish with a dash of whipped cream and a marzipan rose. Spray once at the table with our Rose Without Thorns esprit spray. Serve with a glass of Rose Without Thorns liqueur.